The Distinctive Mission of Learning Prep School is to provide a comprehensive educational program for students with language-based learning disabilities, focusing on the development of essential skills, core competencies, social pragmatics, social-emotional well-being, and personal integrity.
What Makes Learning Prep School Distinctive
- 50 years of successfully delivering an excellent educational language-based program for all students
- Culture of mutual trust and respect
- Highly competent, confident, and dedicated staff
- Targeted instruction for complex learning profiles
- Individual counseling for each student
- Individualized speech and occupational therapy program
- Experiential learning program and placement for each senior
- Transition program preparing each student for post-secondary opportunities
Due to inclement weather, there will be no school on Tuesday, February 13, 2024.
Transition Information Night is on Thursday, November 16 from 6:00-8:00 PM via Zoom. A variety of presenters will be discussing transition planning information, including the ADA law and reasonable accommodations, adult agencies including Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission, local independent living centers, and long term planning for adults, with topics like guardianship and special needs trusts. Parents and guardians of all high school students are welcome to attend. This event happens annually each fall.
We are thrilled to host our first free Speaker Series event of the school year, featuring our very own, Amy Plante, Assistant Principal. To register, click here!
We're excited to announce that this year's Family Fall BBQ will be on Saturday, October 28th!